Importance of using the miswak (chewing stick)

We are going to discuss about the importance of the Miswak, or as Sewak, and also better known in the West as the ‘Chewing Stick’.

What is Miswak?

241014084859Miswak

The Miswak is an organic, a traditional and natural toothbrush that is obtained from the twigs of the Arak Tree. Though a few other trees can be used as well, such as olive and walnut trees.

This teeth cleaning stick could be seen as strange in our western society, you could picture so many people intriguing why anyone would think to put a wooden twig in their mouth to clean their teeth with? But the truth is, it’s been used on regularly even on daily basis by so many from all over the world for centuries.

This Miswak was something the man has used for since time immemorial in place of the brush, and also affecting the daily cleaning of the mouth, teeth and gums.

The Miswak looks so outdated to use as a method of mouth hygiene, researches conducted on it prove many points. Results have proven Miswak to be better than modern toothpaste for preventing disease. Because of these facts coming out, the West is now realize the importance of the Miswak as the ‘chewing stick‘ and a method of conventional medicine.

There are many importance of Miswak and alot of these have been scientifically tested.

IMPORTANCE OF USING THE MISWAK

• Contains strong antibacterial substances.

• Prevents Bad breath and odor from mouth

• Creates a pleasant oral fragrance.

• Miswak is a cure for mouth ulcer, toothache and increases the sense of taste.

• Miswak helps in good memory and cures headaches

• help in clears the voice and digestion.

And etc.
catalogv1_miswak_1

2 Likes

Interesting! I’ve never heard of this, but I like it. I wish more products would be made from renewable and biodegradable resources. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

You are welcome. You should know that this knowledge is just like a drop from the ocean of vast knowledge. There are so many things we don’t know from biodegradable resources. :wink:

1 Like