Permaculture

Permaculture, also know as permanent agriculture or permanent culture is a term used for the sustainable systems described by Bill Mollison in 1978. It focuses on regenerative systems that are modeled after natural ecosystems. I personally try to incorporate permaculture techniques in my gardening efforts.

“Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted and thoughtful observation rather than protracted and thoughtless labor; and of looking at plants and animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system.”

-Bill Mollison

Permaculture has grown in popularity quite a bit to become what it is today. The world is changing in major ways due to the COVID-19 pandemic, I feel that practices like permaculture will become even more popular with time. I encourage others to learn about the subject of sustainability to make our world a better place.

I’ve been learning a lot about permaculture from The Permaculture Podcast. Their most recent podcast takes on the subject of personal investment choices that align with the principles of permaculture. In other words, putting your money towards companies that help rather than harm the environment. Anybody else into permaculture?