Plants & Halloween

Hey everyone!

With Halloween just around the corner, I thought it would be fun to talk about decorating, and spooky plants!

To begin, how do you like to decorate for Halloween? Personally, I love carving pumpkins, putting up pillows and blankets, and decorating a spooky tree, much like a Christmas one!

However, I noticed with Halloween, many things are plant related! Pumpkins are grown, and we use them to decorate for the holiday, and in my case, I use a fake tree to celebrate and decorate!

What kind of things do you do as Halloween traditions? Is there anything plant-related that people in your area like to do in regards to the holiday?

I thought it would be fun to get into the spooky spirit, especially with everything going on in the world now. Please feel free to let me know your thoughts, I’d love to start getting excited for the big day!

I don’t have too much to add when it comes to Halloween and traditions and such, but I’d like to mention a subreddit called PlantGoths. I’ve found a lot of plants to love on there and they definitely have the Halloween vibe. If you like plants with purple/black leaves and things similar than it is a valuable resource for finding new plants.