Using Our Yields

Hi everyone!

So, as I’m sure many of us have, I have been gardening over the summer with my family, in hopes of getting some homegrown food. This has become very important to us due to the COVID-19 outbreak since we are not only anxious about going to the grocery stores, but we also are facing many shortages!

However, interestingly enough, some of the plants I’ve purchased and grown created some results that were unexpected. For example, I expected to be growing a generic, regular tomato, but I actually would up growing this vertically large version of it, that tastes completely different from a regular tomato! The image I’ve attached below is a pretty good example of what they look like, though they’re a bit longer and redder!

Funny enough, we don’t actually like the taste of them or have any purpose for them, so I have many of them without anything to make with them!

We also grew grapes that we turned into jam and green peppers for cooking in various realms.

I thought it’d be fun to make a post that we can share some uses for our end products! If you know some fun tricks for tomatoes or wild ways to clear acne with grapes, I’d love to hear em!

Stay safe guys!

1 Like

Good idea for a post! I’ve been growing a bunch of sunchoke this season, they are currently flowering so I’m hoping to harvest soon. I know that I’m going to have way more than I can eat. I plan on giving some to my neighbor. I recently found out that they can be ground into a powder and used as an alternative to flour. I haven’t tried the sunchoke flour yet, but I’m looking forward to using it with a few different recipes I found online.